Civil Engineering Internship to Fast-track your Career in Australia
Our 12-week Civil Engineering Internship Program in Australia is the best way to gain practical experience and start your future in civil engineering and construction management in Australia.
Kick-Start Your Future in Civil Engineering with
Our Civil Engineering Internships Program and Get Hired Faster!
Our Civil Engineering Internships Program provides you with industry experience where you can apply your theoretical knowledge to real-world projects. Civil Engineering Internships are a great way for you to enhance your skills in AutoCAD, BlueBeam, Cost X, MS Project, Primavera and Revit.
The Civil Engineering Internships Program will help you stand out and give you a competitive edge against other Civil Engineering candidates in Australia.
How can a Civil Engineering Internship
Help you get hired quickly?
Most employers are looking to hire civil engineering interns and graduates who already have experience in construction, estimation, drafting and site engineering. This is where the Civil Engineering Internship Program can help you stand out and get hired quickly!
Our Civil Engineering Internships Program Includes:
Get 12 weeks of real-world civil engineering & construction experience with major construction firms across Australia.
Get Hired 4x Faster
The Civil Engineering Internships Program offers networking opportunities with senior IT professionals from Australia’s best engineering companies. As a Civil Engineering Intern, you have a 92% chance of securing employment in Civil Engineering with your host company.
Civil Engineering Experience
Get hands-on, technical experience in the latest tools, systems and programming during your Civil Engineering Internship, such as AutoCAD, BlueBeam, CostX, Cubit and Revit.
Gain 12 weeks of essential experience as a Civil Engineering Intern to secure a graduate role in a range of areas, such as Structural Engineering, Construction Management, Contract Administration and Geotechnical Engineering, which will help you get a job faster!
Civil Engineering Internship Opportunities!
Construction Management Internships
- Project planning and programming, analysing project plans and working with the design team to generate structural solutions
- Cost planning, project management and HSE management.
- Handling and coordinating with various project teams such as structure, services, facades, and finishes
- Reading and interpreting engineering drawings using Solidworks and AutoCAD
- Supporting quality assurance and quality control, and preparing technical documentation
- Liaising with Site Managers, Project Engineers, Subcontractors, and Suppliers to effectively carry out residential and commercial projects
- Hands-on civil engineering experience with a prominent on-site role
- Core civil engineering theory, with supervision provided by a leading civil and construction team
- Skills in Construction Project Management, gained through 12 weeks of Internship experience
This amazing Construction Management Internship Program will provide you with 12 weeks of practical Construction Management experience. To be considered, you must be enrolled in our Internship Program (Career Training & Placement fees apply). To apply, please click the button below!
Structural Engineering Internships
- Designing and developing across a variety of structural engineering projects including bridges, earth retaining structures, large span structures and civil infrastructure
- Managing site activities including construction phase inspections, structural assessments and draft plan edits
- Preparing structural engineering investigations and designs, performing site inspections and preparing site surveillance reports
- Liaising with supervisors, draftspersons, site managers, steel engineers, architects and other specialists to carry out designated tasks, and managing the smooth delivery of projects
- Experience in designing reinforced, pre-tensioned and post-tensioned concrete, steel, steel composite, and timber bridges
- Knowledge of state road authority design criteria for bridges
- Technical report writing for clients and experience in using structural design codes and guidelines
- How to schedule and manage residential and commercial projects
This exciting 3-month Structural Engineering Internship Program will provide you with the experience you need to secure a graduate role as a Junior Structural Engineer. To be considered, you must be enrolled in our Internship Program (Career Training & Placement fees apply). To apply, please click the button below!
Site & Civil Engineering Internships
- Providing support to the site engineering team in managing the planning and design of construction projects, contributing technical knowledge and expertise to developing project drawings
- Performing inspections, scheduling, planning, survey, procurement and quality control for all site activities
- Maintaining project documents and filing systems, and updating them as the site work progresses
- Using software such as Primavera or other ERP systems to map project progress and perform field progress evaluations
- Site engineering and site management experience, including maintenance, timeline management, client liaison, and technical expertise
- A deep understanding of the Australian Standards and the Building Code of Australia, and a working knowledge of building design practice’s
- Knowledge of core site inspection activities to ensure design and build is in compliance with drawings and specifications
This valuable 12-week Site and Civil Engineering Internship offers you real-world construction site experience. To be considered, you must be enrolled in our Internship Program (Career Training & Placement fees apply). To apply, please click the button below!
- Assisting with the coordination, and delivery of projects and supporting the Senior Estimator
- Preparing Takeoffs using CUBIT and Excel
- Assisting with project planning, scheduling, and project controls – including cost control
- Assisting with Tender Submissions
- Preparing and managing project documentation and reporting
- Managing/administering project defects and the rectification process
- Preparing and submitting project handover documents such as project certifications and operations & maintenance manuals
- Liaising with Clients, Suppliers & Contractors to ensure successful delivery of the project
- A deep understanding of the essentials of First Principle Estimating
- How to quote preparation using different software for commercial and residential projects
- Experience with tender submissions and the tendering process by attending tender meetings
- How to negotiate with suppliers and contractors to ensure costings are achieved
This amazing 12-week Estimating Internship Program is an opportunity to gain vital estimation experience on real tenders and construction projects. To be considered, you must be enrolled in our Internship Program (Career Training & Placement fees apply). To apply, please click the button below!
Companies Who Have Hired Our Civil Engineering Interns
Our Interns have gained employment with national and international companies
Our Success Stories
Civil Engineering Graduate, Sydney
Civil Engineering Graduate, Melbourne
Junior Estimator, Melbourne
How does the
Civil Engineering Internships Program work?
After your Civil Engineering Internship preparation, we contact suitable host companies in the Civil Engineering industry and arrange interviews.
After your interview, if you and the host company are happy to proceed, you start your Civil Engineering Internship!
We continue to support you throughout your placement to ensure you are progressing.
After Your Internship
We encourage your Host Company to hire you. But, if you miss out, we can continue to help you find a job through our one-on-one Career Coaching.
Everything you need to know about Civil Engineering Internships
Civil Engineering Internships Program – FAQs
A Civil Engineering Internship in Australia helps you kick-start your career in Civil and Construction Management. It’s a great way to gain hands-on experience in a range of areas including construction management, design, site engineering, QA and estimating.
Civil Engineering internships can also help grow your professional network. A Civil Engineering Internship gives you direct access to the best Civil Engineering professionals in the market. You will learn from experienced Civil Engineering experts and gain real-world experience to fast-track your IT career.
The Civil Engineering Internships Program can be done as full-time internships (during the semester breaks or holidays) or part-time internships (3-4 days a week). This means that you can continue studying while also gaining practical training experience in the field.
When you complete a Civil Engineering Internship while you study, you can apply your Web Development knowledge and skills from your degree to real-world projects.
It is best to start searching for Civil Engineering internships as soon as you can, ideally in the last semester of your studies. This gives you enough time to understand the working culture and expectations of the industry, while adding vital industry experience to your Resume to showcase your civil engineering skills, before entering the workforce.
Having experience from a Civil Engineering Internship under your belt means that your chances of securing employment after graduation are higher. By doing a Civil Engineering Internship in Australia, you will develop deep skills through real-world projects which is exactly what engineering employers in Australia look for when hiring and employing Civil Engineering students and graduates.
Yes! Most universities are happy to consider any work done in the field for course credits. Although, some may have some baseline expectations about the duration of the practical training.
Your Civil Engineering Internships Program is designed to give you practical Civil Engineering experience before you graduate. When you start your Internship, your Civil Engineering industry placement will be based on a real-world project with a Civil Engineering company, so that you can learn while doing.
Speak to your university about course credit when you complete your Civil Engineering Internship.
At Career Success Australia, we offer internship programs across a variety of civil, site and structural engineering disciplines. Our internship portfolio ranges from core Civil and Structural work to allied Construction and Project Management roles, including Mining, Geotechnology and even Transportation fields, amongst others.
We coordinate extensively with construction companies across Australia to offer civil internships and graduate training programs for students and graduates to help them gain practical skills to prepare for a fulfilling career path in the engineering industry.
We support civil engineering students and graduates across the country to secure high-quality Civil Engineering internships in Melbourne, Sydney, Darwin, Hobart, Canberra, Perth, Brisbane, Gold Coast, or Adelaide.
The Civil Engineering industry in Australia is booming and companies are looking for Civil Engineering Interns to recruit for employment.