Internships in Sydney
Are you looking for the best Internships in Sydney? Our Premium Internship Program in Sydney provides you with 12-weeks of valuable industry experience with a company in your field to kickstart your career.
Depending on your skills, interests and qualifications, you can choose to do your internship in Sydney with companies in Engineering, IT, Accounting, Finance, Marketing, HR and Science. Our goal is to help you secure the best internships and jobs in Sydney.
Abbotsford | Ashbury | Ashfield | Balmain | Burwood | Concord | Dulwich Hill | Five Dock | Homebush | Hurlstone Park | Leichhardt | Lilyfield | Newtown | Marrickville | Rozelle | Strathfield | Summer Hill
Why should you choose our Internships in Sydney Program?
Career Success Australia has one of the most comprehensive company networks in Sydney. We have partnerships with industry contacts in 2000+ companies, and access to 4000+ hidden jobs and internships in Sydney. Our Professional Internship Program has helped more than 5000 students to get Internships and Graduate Jobs in Sydney. We can help you too!
Internships in Sydney: Program Mission
We aim to provide students and graduates with essential real-world work experience with our Internship Program in Sydney. 96% of our Internship candidates have received job offers after completing our Internship Program, and almost 88% of our Interns in Sydney were hired by their host companies. Our Internship in Sydney Program can help fast-track your career journey and support you to secure a high-quality work placement in your field.
Internships in Sydney program benefits
Internships in Sydney: What’s included?
Hear from our experts
We know that an internship or graduate job search takes intense research and effort. We have collaborations with 2000+ companies and access to 4000+ Jobs in Sydney and have helped more than 5000 students and graduates to obtain internships and jobs in Sydney through our Internship in Sydney Program.
Sydney Internships Program Director
We’ll Help You Get Into
- Public Accounting Internships
- Auditing and Assurance Internships
- Tax Accounting Internship
- Financial Accounting Internships
- Civil Engineering Internships
- Chemical & Biomedical Engineering Internships
- Mechanical Engineering Internships
- Electrical Engineering Internships
92% of our clients got jobs after completing their Internship in Sydney
You can be Next!
Current Internships in Sydney
Our Premium Internship Program in Sydney provides you with 12-weeks of practical industry experience which will boost your career profile. Your Internship experience will catch the attention of future employers and will set you apart from the other students and graduates who are competing with you for jobs in Sydney.
Getting hands-on accounting experience is a critical step to getting your first job in accounting. Practical accounting experience with an accounting firm is important, so that you learn industry specific accounting standards relating to tax, audit, budgets and reporting.
Career Success Australia partners with several small- and medium- accounting firms that specialise in a variety of finance and accounting services.
Your 12-week accounting internship with one of our partner companies will help you gain experience and professional training in Financial Accounting, Forensic Accounting, Internal Auditing, and Fiduciary Accounting. An Accounting Internship in Sydney will provide you with direct experience to boost your career profile in Accounting.
Accounting Internship Responsibilities
- Generating Tax Returns for Individual and Business clients
- Auditing and assisting with preparing client financial statements
- Accounts Payable and Receivable support
- Preparing IAS/BAS and providing advice on GST and Income Tax Compliance
- Liaising with clients and external revenue authorities including ATO
What you will gain as an Accounting Intern in Sydney:
- Mentoring from CPA Accountants and opportunities to network
- Training in industry-standard softwares such as Xero, MYOB and HandiTax
- Bookkeeping and Financial Report preparation experience
- Experience in developing comprehensive tax strategies
To be considered, you must be enrolled in our Premium Internship Program (Career Training & Placement fees apply). To learn more about the Internships in Sydney Program, please click the button below to complete a short Careers Assessment and to book your free Internships Consultation.
An Engineering Internship is one of the best ways to start your Engineering career in Sydney, and now is the best time to secure your 12-week Engineering Internship to build your practical skills as a graduate engineer.
Career Success Australia partners with more than 500 engineering firms in sectors including Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Environmental Engineering and Software Engineering.
If you have studied in one of these engineering streams, contact us so we can arrange your internship to help you gain hands-on experience with a company in your field. During your internship, your host company will train and guide you to help you gain work experience in your specific stream of engineering.
Engineering Internship Responsibilities
- Design and testing of product using industry-standard software and maintaining correct documentation
- Preparing, updating, and presenting regular product development reports
- Carrying out site inspections and investigations, and assisting officers on-site with shop-floor support
- Liaising with clients, stakeholders and senior engineers to keep track of project progress and timelines, and report on project status.
What you will gain as an Engineering Intern in Sydney:
- Hands-on experience in working with industry-grade engineering software, systems and tools in your field of engineering
- Working knowledge of manufacturing and product development process, as well as skills in design, prototyping and testing products in collaboration with other engineers
- Experience in collaborating with stakeholders and contributing to project timeline planning, as well as experience in product launches
To be considered for an engineering internship in Sydney, you must be enrolled in our Premium Internship Program (Career Training & Placement fees apply). To learn more about the Internships Program, please click the button below to complete a short Careers Assessment and to book your free Internships Consultation.
Click Apply to get started.
The IT job market in Sydney is booming and there is a strong demand for skilled IT professionals. Our partner IT companies in Sydney are looking for talented information technology interns for a range of 12-week internship roles in areas such as IT Support, Cybersecurity, Web Design, business analyst projects and networking.
When you are an Information Technology Intern in Sydney, your host company will be keen to train and develop you through a 12-week IT Internship Program. The IT Internship Program provides you with a fantastic opportunity to gain direct experience in the growing field of information technology in Sydney.
IT Internship Responsibilities
- Assisting technical teams in a range of areas relating to your skills and interests in IT including technical support, networking, software development/programming or in areas such as data analytics or as a business analyst.
- Working alongside skilled and experienced IT professionals and supporting them in specific areas of IT including software development, IT support & networking, data and business analysis, software testing, UX and UI, and web design and development
What you will gain as an IT Intern in Sydney:
- A working knowledge of technical infrastructure related to information technology, and hands on experience in a range of IT projects
- Familiarity with modern IT project management and deliver for real-world client projects
- Experience in your specific area of IT, for example as a software developer, business analyst, data analyst or a networking and IT support analyst intern.
- Experience with industry grade software such as Jira.
To be considered for an IT internship in Sydney, you must be enrolled in our Premium Internship Program (Career Training & Placement fees apply). To learn more about the Internships Program, please click the button below to complete a short Careers Assessment and to book your free Internships Consultation.
Click Apply to get started.
The Marketing & Communications industry is growing everyday, particularly with the advent of digital marketing. With this, the number of marketing roles in Sydney is growing which means there are plenty of fantastic marketing internships on offer. If you’re a Marketing student or graduate, a marketing internship in Sydney is the best way to gain direct experience in marketing, communications and digital media.
Career Success Australia offers several Marketing and Communication internships with our partner companies in Sydney. A 12-week Marketing and Communication Internships can help you build your skills in Digital Marketing, Marketing Strategy, Lead Generation, and even Content Development, and pave a path to gaining full-time marketing employment in Sydney.
Marketing Internship Responsibilities
- Tracking and analysis of Social Media trends
- Assisting with content strategy development and delivery of social media campaigns, including scheduling and testing of content and managing metrics and reports
- Management of Customer Relationship Management tools and databases
- Managing asset libraries and and monitoring campaign performance
- Supporting marketing and promotional events
What you will gain as a Marketing Intern in Sydney:
- Experience with Search Engine Optimization across channels of engagement, and in developing leads using digital media strategies
- Working knowledge of digital marketing concepts, and of ads and marketing software such as Google Ads, Facebook Business Manager and Craft CMS, and of methods of generating traffic and conversions
- Experience in coordinating online and digital campaigns and in marketing program management
To be considered for marketing internships in Sydney, you must be enrolled in our Premium Internship Program (Career Training & Placement fees apply). To learn more about the Marketing Internships in Sydney Program, please click the button below to complete a short Careers Assessment and to book your free Internships Consultation.
Click Apply to get started.
Did you know that Data Analysts are among the top 25 ‘emerging occupations’ in Australia? * If you are a student or graduate keen to launch your career in this fast-growing industry, the best way to gain full-time employment is with a 12-week internship as a Data Analyst in Sydney.
Career Success Australia offers several exciting Data Analyst internships with our partner companies to students and recent graduates. During the 12-week internship program, you will gain work experience in Sydney as a Data Analyst intern, and get trained in essential Data Analysis roles, language and software, such as Python, SQl, Machine Learning, and PowerBI.
Data Analyst Internship Responsibilitiess
- Analysis of traffic, conversion, AOV, cost of acquisition and retention, channel analysis
- Data migration and analytics using Python and SQL, with AWS integration
- Monitoring and analysis customer behaviour and preference, including local and international customer segmentation and statistical modelling using R
- Providing actionable insights and recommendations to improve performance
- Compiling reports for key stakeholders and clients
What you will gain as a Data Analyst Intern in Sydney:
- Experience with handling ecommerce data and interpreting it to generate commercially useful recommendations, and presenting them using PowerBI and Tableau
- Strong knowledge of databases and data visualisation tools such as Excel, Cloud solutions, pivot tables, ETL and data warehousing concepts
- Experience in statistical analysis, scripting, SQL and ETL process, as well as machine learning and deep learning capabilities
To be considered for a Data Analystis Internship, you must be enrolled in our Premium Internship Program (Career Training & Placement fees apply). To learn more about the Internships in Sydney Program, please click the button below to complete a short Careers Assessment and to book your free Internships Consultation.
Click Apply to get started.
98% Placement rate for students from Universities in Sydney.
You can be Next!
Internships in Sydney
How does the program work?
First, we create your brand new Internships resume and LinkedIn profile and prepare you for suitable Internships in Australia.
Host Company Sourcing
After your Internships Preparation, we contact suitable host companies in your industry and arrange your Internship interview.
If you don’t get a job with your host company, we can certainly help you gain employment through our Career Coaching Program.
Our Success Stories
Internships in Sydney – FAQs
Everything you need to know about Internships in Sydney!
Internships in Sydney can be either paid or unpaid, depending on the company in question and the Internship industry.
Internships are a way for you to get industry experience while still learning, rather than a source of income. As a student or graduate, you have a lot to gain from doing an internship.
- An internship will let you explore and understand your field of work while gaining credibility as a working professional in your industry.
- Internships are a means of entering the job market as a student, and the starting point of your career path.
- Internships are where you build professional networks. The references that you gain from the host company during the 12-week internship are what help you grow and define your career.
- A local internship is a highlight on any resume, and stands out to hiring managers in applications. While looking for full-time jobs as a fresher, the presence of an internship counts as significant experience, and helps you stand out from other applicants.
While most student internships in Sydney are unpaid, several offer partial compensation- either as a reduced pay, or in kind, or on the basis of performance.
Most companies that Career Success Australia partners with provide a small allowance, covering travel and meals for you for the duration of your 12-week internship program.
Almost 70% of Career Success Australia interns in Sydney receive some stipend as part of the internship program.
Internships are a way for you to learn by doing, and should be seen as a way of entering the industry. Paid or unpaid, internships are an opportunity for every student- and a way to a successful future career in your field.
Internships in Sydney are not classified as employment, and can be undertaken as full-time 12-week Internship roles if you’re on a Student Visa (500).
Several of our clients on Post-Study Work Visas (485) have also worked full-time as Interns as part of their 12-week Internship Program, and have even been offered full-time jobs following the internship.
Keep in mind that visa rules are subject to changes, and you need to check constantly to make sure that your 12-week Internship in Australia is valid. It is best to confirm with the relevant authorities or a registered migration agent before applying for Internships in Sydney.
Internships and hiring in Sydney can take a while, and depends on various factors such as :
Your field of work will affect the availability of internships. For example, internships and graduate roles in fields such as software engineering and IT are also easier to source thanks to higher demand, than those into Finance Internships, or Management Internships.
- Time of Application
Companies hire interns according to their individual hiring cycles. Some companies advertise summer internships and open positions a year in advance, while others advertise for and hire interns within a month.
On the whole, the best time for you to apply for internships in Sydney is from November to February; this is the hiring period in Sydney and also the time when full-time summer internships are available for students.
- Application Process
The internship application process differs for the type of role that you apply for. Some workplaces might require a Police Check, a Working With Children Check, a Medical examination, or have multiple rounds of interview.
Most internships take up to 4-16 weeks, from application to approval. At Career Success Australia, we work with you throughout the application process, including Resume writing, Cover Letter writing, Interview training and Application etiquette, and follow up for 6 months after your internship begins to make sure that you are settled into the role.
A metropolitan city like Sydney has internship opportunities for students and graduates across a variety of industries such as:
- Data Analysis Internships
- Engineering Internships
- Information Technology Internships,
- Accounting Internships
- Marketing & Communications Internships
- Finance Internships
- Management Internships
Internships also differ according to every organisation. Every company’s internship differs according to a few factors:
- Time: Internships in Australia are offered as full-time roles (38 hours a week), or as part-time work. If you’re on a Student Visa ( Subclass 500), you are only allowed to work part-time while your academic year is in session, but can work full-time during your vacations. Full-time roles are thus better suited if you are a Graduate or if you apply for a summer internship.
- Location: More and more companies are offering remote internships in Sydney, but some roles still require on-site or face-to-face work. Marketing internships or IT internships, for example, are often remote, but Civil Engineering interns might have an on-site role.
- Duration: Most internships in Sydney are for 3 months (12 weeks), but some companies also offer internships or graduate programs that last 6 months. In rare cases, an organisation might extend your 3-month internship by a month or two, usually before offering you full-time employment.
- Intern requirements: While internships are meant for students still at university, you can still apply for most of them if you are a recent graduate. Some companies allow students to apply for graduate internships up to two years after passing out.
Career Success Australia partners with several companies to offer you top internships in Sydney, and supports you throughout the application and Internship process to help fast-track your career in Sydney.
An internship is the perfect way of getting work experience as a student. An internship in Sydney allows you to be a part of the industry professionally, and gives you time to pursue an academic understanding of your field.
Compared to full-time employment, an internship gives more freedom to explore career paths, while offering several networking opportunities to fresh graduates and students.
An industry internship in Sydney is an asset to your resume as well as to your career growth.
- An internship is a good way for you to understand local work culture and industry standard practices.
- Internships offer the perfect balance between work and study, and you get practical experience and academic training at the same time.
- Local internships in Australia are highly valued in the country, and make your application stand out to hiring managers.
- You can make use of your internship opportunity to network professionally and meet potential future employers.
You do not need an internship to get a job, however,an Internship in Sydney provides highly valued work experience on your pro resume. An internship in your field shows that you have relevant understanding of local industry standards and practices, and strengthen your career profile for future job applications.
Interns in Sydney often get offered permanent roles at the host company- almost 70% of our clients have obtained full-time jobs through such an offer. Doing an Internship Program is thus a great way to begin your career in the industry of your choice.
Start your career in Sydney with our Internship Program today!