Want a job in Engineering? Get a 12-week Engineering Internships Program is the fastest way to get practical engineering experience & employment!
Engineering Internships Available in
Sydney | Melbourne | Perth | Brisbane | Adelaide | Darwin | Gold Coast | Canberra | Hobart
Your Engineering Internship
Starts with Career Success Australia
How will the Engineering Internships Program
Help you get Employment?
Most employers prefer to employ engineering interns and graduates who already have experience. This is where the Engineering Internship Program can help you stand out and get hired quickly in Australia! 92% of our engineering candidates got hired by Top Australian Companies.
Our Engineering Internships
Get 12-weeks of Engineering experience working as an Engineering Intern with top Engineering companies in Australia.
Get Hired 4x faster
Opportunity to network with senior Engineering professionals in some of Australia’s best Engineering firms with a 92% chance to get employment as an engineer with your host company.
Get hands-on, essential technical experience as an Engineering Intern with Access to Learning Systems, Career Resources and Engineering training
Become Job Ready
12 weeks of essential experience as an Engineer and hands-on experience which will help you get a job faster!
Popular Types of
We’ll Help You Get Into
Current Engineering Internships Available
Mechanical Engineering Internships
- You will have a strong grasp of engineering design including skills in CAD/CAM in Catia, AutoCAD and Solidworks
- Support process improvement projects in mechanical design and production
- Reading and interpreting engineering drawings using Solidworks and AutoCAD
- Ability to perform FEA Analysis
- Supporting quality assurance and quality control and preparing technical documentation
- Designing components including fixtures and grippers and supporting LEAN manufacturing
- Essential skills in Mechanical Design Engineering
- Exposure to manufacturing and production in a LEAN environment
- Skills in engineering project management
- Real-world application of mechanical engineering, quality control and testing
Gain 12 weeks of hands-on Mechanical Engineering experience with a leading Mechanical Engineering Design firm to start your engineering career. To be considered, you must be enrolled in our Premium Internship Program (Career Training & Placement fees apply). To learn more about the Mechanical Engineering Internships Program, please click the button below to complete a short Careers Assessment and to book your free Mechanical Engineering Internships Consultation.
Civil Engineering Internships
- Support civil and structural design projects using AutoCAD, Revit and Structural Design software such as RAPT and MicroStation
- Estimating and costing for residential and commercial projects
- Project scheduling and site engineering and inspections
- Preparing engineering documentation including for tenders and council submissions
- Procurement and materials costing
- Tendering process and all stages of construction management
- Site inspections and reading/checking plans and permits
- Estimation software such as Bluebeam and Cost X
- Engaging with subcontractors and builders
- Scheduling and project managing residential and commercial projects
Join one of Australia’s best civil engineering and construction firms as a Civil Engineering Intern for 12 weeks to get industry experience. To be considered, you must be enrolled in our Premium Internship Program (Career Training & Placement fees apply). To learn more about the Civil Engineering Internships Program, please click the button below to complete a short Careers Assessment and to book your free Civil Engineering Internships Consultation.
Electrical & Electronics Engineering Internships
- Support a range of electrical and electronics engineering projects including HV, LV, OHL and power station design and construction
- Design and simulation of a standalone smart energy grid, and high voltage transmission design with Engage in electrical design using AutoCAD and support lighting design work
- Depending on your skills, you will assist in PLC and PCB projects
- Support quality control and testing of electrical systems and components
- Preparing electrical schematics, layouts, structural drawings, and implementing PLC’s drawings.
- Electrical design using AutoCAD
- Quality power transmission with the use of Dynamic Voltage Restorer (DVR) with storage system
- Electrical drawings and documentation
- Electrical system performance improvement, cost estimation, and project management
If you want to become an Electrical or Electronics Engineer, this Internship is the best place to start. To be considered, you must be enrolled in our Premium Internship Program (Career Training & Placement fees apply). To learn more about the Electrical & Electronics Engineering Internships Program, please click the button below to complete a short Careers Assessment and to book your free Engineering Internship Consultation.
Software Engineering Internships
- Support full-stack development activities including programming and testing
- Database development using SQL
- Working with Business Analysts and clients to gather requirements and prepare technical specifications
- Building robust web applications using the latest technology stacks including Angular
- Skills in software development using the latest technologies including ReactJS
- Work in a dynamic team where you will get hands-on experience across the full SDLC
- Gain insight into product testing using Automation techniques
- Learn how to build robust applications integrating with cloud technology such as AWS and Azure
The Software Engineering Internships Program (3-months) can help kick-start your IT career. To be considered, you must be enrolled in our Premium Internship Program (Career Training & Placement fees apply). To learn more about the Software Engineering Internships Program, please click the button below to complete a short Careers Assessment and to book your free Software Engineering Internship Consultation.
Network Engineering Internships
- Support a team of Network Engineers to monitor network performance
- Setting up network infrastructure for commercial premises
- Testing network stability and troubleshooting network issues
- Routing and switching and integration of wireless systems
- Network design and security
- Gain experience in network design, operations and support
- Learn network operations and monitoring systems to ensure network stability
- Hands-on experience working in a network operations environment and providing technical support to clients
- Ability to apply network security in a real-world setting
This 12-week Network Engineering Internship opportunity is suited to network or telecommunications engineering students and graduates. To be considered, you must be enrolled in our Premium Internship Program (Career Training & Placement fees apply). To learn more about the Network Engineering Internships Program, please click the button below to complete a short Careers Assessment and to book your free Network Engineering Internships Consultation.
Chemical & Environmental Engineering Internships
- Support projects and activities in Polymer Engineering, Organic Chemistry and Process Engineering
- Process Simulation using ASPEN to design and optimise chemical processes
- Creating preliminary and feasibility reports as well as using learnt theory in process safety, environmental management, and economic analysis to design processing equipment and control systems
- Process control and instrumentation. Plus, fieldwork, sampling and testing
- Hands-on experience in organic chemistry, process engineering and polymer engineering
- Use chemical engineering software such as ASPEN plus, ANSYS workbench and Simulink
- Build your skills in reporting, testing and engineering documentation
- Undertake fieldwork and laboratory testing
We have several chemical and environmental engineering companies keen to offer internships to chemical and environmental engineering students and graduates. To be considered, you must be enrolled in our Premium Internship Program (Career Training & Placement fees apply). To learn more about the Internships Program, please click the button below to complete a short Careers Assessment and to book your free Internship Consultation.
Companies Who Have Hired Our Engineering Interns
Our Interns have gained employment with national and international companies
Our Success Stories
Chemical Engineering Graduate / Melbourne
Electronics Engineer / Melbourne
How does the
Engineering Internship Program work
Host Company Sourcing
After your Preparation, we contact suitable Engineering companies and arrange your Engineering Internships interview.
After your interview, if you and the host company are happy to proceed, you start your Engineering Internship!
Above all, we continue to support you throughout your placement to ensure you are progressing.
If you don’t get a job with your host company, we can certainly help you gain employment through our Career Coaching Program.
Everything you need to know about your Engineering Internships in Australia
Engineering Internships Program – FAQs
An Engineering Internship is the best way to gain real-world engineering industry experience. To get a job in engineering, it’s vital to have practical experience. A 12-week Engineering Internship will give you the industry experience you need to get employment as an Engineer. In addition, Engineering Internships give you access to training, industry connections, and job references!
If you can arrange 2-3 days from your schedule, you might be able to apply for a part-time Engineering internship. You can also do a full-time Engineering Internship during semester break or holidays.
Ideally, it’s best to get Engineering experience during your degree or as soon as you graduate. Employers look to hire graduates who have engineering experience, so completing an Engineering Internships Program while you study is a smart choice to enhance your career profile.
The sooner you complete an Engineering Internship, the better.
It is better to do an Engineering Internship while studying or soon after you finish your course. Students who have industry experience in Engineering get hired faster after graduation.
Most Engineering degrees require 12-weeks of Engineering Internship experience as part of the course, so you should start the process of enrolling in an Engineering Internships program sooner than later.
Engineering Internships may be considered as course credit and may be a requirement to gain Engineers Australia accreditation. You can speak to your University about putting your Engineering Internships Program towards course credit.
An Engineering Internship is a terrific opportunity to apply your theoretical engineering knowledge in real-world settings under the guidance of an experienced Engineering Manager.
Career Success Australia provides Engineering Internships across all engineering disciplines.
This includes Internships in Mechanical, Civil, Electrical, Electronics, Chemical, Biomedical, Environmental, and Software Engineering.
We work with Engineering companies who offer 12-week Internships for students and graduates to support them in their engineering careers.
You can choose to complete your Engineering Internships Program in Melbourne, Sydney, Canberra, Hobart, Perth, Gold Coast, Adelaide, Brisbane or Darwin.
Engineering projects are taking place right around Australia. Think bridges, roads, railways, power, chemicals, infrastructure, biodiversity, hydro, renewables, energy, housing, and gas projects. If you’re keen to pursue an internship in your home state or interstate, we can help.