Corporate & Professional Finance Internships
Gain practical experience and land a job in Finance with a 12-week Finance Internships Program.
Finance Internships available in
Sydney | Melbourne | Perth | Brisbane | Adelaide | Darwin | Gold Coast | Canberra | Hobart
Launch your career in
Finance with Career Success Australia
How does the Finance Internship
help you land a job?
Financial Services employers prefer to hire accounting and finance graduates who can ‘hit the ground running’. This is where the Finance Internships Program comes in. After completing your finance internship, your job application will stand out and you will be in a strong position to secure a graduate role in Finance.
Our Finance Internships
12 weeks of real-world training with small, medium and large financial services firms throughout Australia.
Confidence to engage with financial services professionals and clients.
Specific finance software skills that are in hot demand (MYOB and XERO, Microsoft Excel, HandiTax and PowerBI)
Mentoring from senior Finance professionals, and opportunities to network in the Australian financial services industry.
Become Job Ready
An opportunity to turn your finance internships program into a permanent Finance Graduate role at your host internship company.
Popular Types of
Check out our
Current Finance Internships Available
Financial Analyst/Trader Internship
- Analyse global equity, foreign exchange and derivatives markets.
- Rotate through our divisions of responsibility and provide ideas to grow and improve the business.
- Research, propose ideas and solutions, and present findings to the Senior Management Team.
- Assist in creating performance reports, specifically for financial reporting.
- Essential Financial Market Software Systems used for financial analysis projects.
- Hands-on finance experience with exposure in the understanding of analytics and reporting.
- Skills in Project Management to assist in data and analytics reporting projects.
This firm provides you with 12 weeks of the finance internship experience. To be considered, you must be enrolled in our Premium Internship Program (Career Training & Placement fees apply). To learn more about our Finance Internships Program, please click the button below to complete a short Careers Assessment and to book your free Careers Consultation.
Finance Assistant Internship
- Researching and analysing current and world financial market trends and opportunities for investment, particularly in superannuation.
- Monitoring financial markets and carrying out statistical analysis based on observed data.
- Generating bilingual reports to support client retention for insurance and investments.
- Creating actionable and marketable insights for clients specific to their portfolio and borrowing needs.
- Exposure to day-to-day workings of a formal workplace in a finance company.
- How to use financial data for decision making.
- Preparing client files for lending, mortgage applications, loan repayment analysis and investment strategies.
- Self Managed Super Fund administration
To gain 12 weeks of professional finance internship experience you must be enrolled in our Premium Internship Program (Career Training & Placement fees apply). To learn more about our Finance Internships Program, please click the button below to complete a short Careers Assessment and to book your free Careers Consultation.
Finance Advisor Internship
- Modelling and forecasting financial statements.
- Valuing companies and/or assets.
- Preparing marketing materials for a client pitch to promote investment strategies suited to their needs.
- Assisting with deals and interacting with clients.
- Comprehensive training that helps develop your technical knowledge in financial planning and advisory services.
- Analysing real-world financial data and using it effectively.
- Preparing financial statements, trend analysis and forecasting.
This Finance Advisory Internship provides 12 weeks of the professional finance internship experience. To be considered, you must be enrolled in our Premium Internship Program (Career Training & Placement fees apply). To learn more about our Finance Internships Program, please click the button below to complete a short Careers Assessment and to book your free Careers Consultation.
Fund Administrator Internships
- Valuing funds and portfolios and conducting trend analysis in Excel.
- Reviewing fund performance over a 10-year cycle and identifying top performing and weak funds for senior management review.
- Preparing statements of advice based on the top 10 funds being used by the firm.
- Assisting with client meetings and preparing statements for presentations to clients.
- Comprehensive training in funds management to help you develop deep technical knowledge in funds management.
- Analysing real-world financial data and fund performance.
- Preparing financial statements, trend analysis and forecasting for global funds.
To be considered for this finance internship specialising in funds management, you must be enrolled in our Premium Internship Program (Career Training & Placement fees apply). To learn more about our Finance Internships Program, please click the button below to complete a short Careers Assessment and to book your free Careers Consultation.
Our Success Stories
Funds Administrator / Melbourne
Accounting & Finance Graduate / Melbourne
Our Finance Interns were hired by
How does the
Finance Internship Program work?
Finance Internship Interviews
After your Preparation, we contact suitable host companies in your industry and arrange interviews.
After your interview, if you and the host company are happy to proceed, you start your placement!
Finance Internship Support
We continue to support you throughout your placement to ensure you are progressing.
Everything you need to know about Finance Internships
Internships in Finance – FAQs
An Internship is a great way to venture into a career in Finance, and gain practical working experience before even entering the field. It gives you confidence, hands-on experience, and access to a network of mentors and professionals.
The main reason why you should pursue a finance internships program is because it will further your career in Australia. Finance internships bridge the gap between study and industry. When you do a Finance Internship, you will be ahead of the pack and will certainly get hired quickly by finance companies.
Finance Internships take up around 2-3 days every week from your schedule when part-time, which make them suitable to take up while studying. This means that you get to apply the theoretical knowledge that you learn immediately in a real-work scenario. You can also do full-time finance internships during semester breaks or holidays.
Many final year students choose to do a finance internships program as a pathway to employment before graduation.
Finance Internships are better done as soon as possible, and ideally, in the final semester of your studies. This makes sure that you graduate with a degree and professional working experience in finance. Your Finance Internships program will look attractive to potential employers and helps you get hired faster.
Don’t wait too long to do an Internship in Finance. The sooner you start your internship or work experience program in finance the better!
Absolutely. Finance Internships are considered learning experiences by Universities, and as such, can be counted towards your final grade.
Speak to your university about course credit when you before you apply for your Finance Internships Program. Most universities are supportive of students who do finance internships, as it gives you real-world industry experience while you study.
Career Success Australia offers Finance Internships across a variety of Finance & Banking disciplines, from Investment Banking, Portfolio Management, Financial Analysis, and Risk Management, among others.
We coordinate with leading Finance and Banking companies to offer 12-weeks intensive Finance Internship Programs for students and graduates who are looking to develop hands-on skills and gain real-world experience. Finance Internships are the best way to gain practical training and get started in your career in Finance in Australia.
Career Success Australia supports students in several cities across the country. You can choose to do your finance internship in Melbourne, Sydney, Darwin, Hobart, Canberra, Perth, Brisbane, Gold Coast, or Adelaide.
Finance is an intrinsic part of any business, from small family stores to larger multinational companies. Any experience in Finance is always seen as a positive by employers, and Career Success Australia lets you select the career path of your choice in Finance. You can choose to specialise your finance internships program in Portfolio Management, Financial Analysis, Investment Banking, or Funds Management to launch a career in Finance in Australia.