Accounting Internships to Fast-track your Career in Australia
Struggling to get a job in Accounting? The Accounting Internships Program will give you hands-on, professional experience and lead to more interviews and job offers.
Kick-Start Your Career in
Accounting with a 12-Week Internship today!
This exciting 12-week Internships Program will give you the opportunity to apply your theoretical knowledge to real-world projects. Internships in Taxation, Auditing and Assurance are a fantastic way to enhance your skills in MYOB, XERO and Quickbooks, as well as Accounts Payable and Receivable, Tax, Auditing, financial reporting and reconciliations.
We have helped 1000+ students and graduates start amazing careers with top accounting and finance firms throughout Australia.
How can an Accounting Internship
Help you get hired quickly?
The Internships Program includes:
- 12 weeks of practical training & experience in Taxation, Finance, and Auditing and Assurance.
- Mentoring from senior professionals in the industry.
- The competitive edge needed to secure high-quality employment.
- Job references from your host company and the opportunity to secure employment after your Internship!
Our Accounting Internships Program Includes:
Gain 12 weeks of experience working as an Intern with top Accounting companies in Australia.
Get Hired 4x Faster
Our Internships Program in Auditing, Assurance and Taxation offers opportunities to work with senior professionals in some of Australia’s best firms. As an Intern, you have a 92% chance of securing full-time employment with your host company.
Get hands-on experience as an Intern by developing skills in auditing, bookkeeping, financial reporting and analysis, compliance and tax. You will also develop practical skills in software such as MYOB, XERO and Quickbooks.
Gain 12 weeks of practical experience as an Intern in a range of areas such as Public, Tax and Forensic Accounting, and Auditing and Assurance, which will help you get a job faster!
Accounting Internship Opportunities!
Public Accounting Internships
- Assisting clients with the preparation of financial statements
- Auditing clients’ financial statements
- Preparing clients’ tax returns
- Bookkeeping as well as accounts payable and accounts receivable support
- How to prepare Business Activity Statement (BAS) and Instalment Activity Statement (IAS) documents
- How to prepare Income Tax Returns
- Experience with industry standard software including MYOB, Xero and Quickbooks
- How to lodge client updates with the Australian Securities & Investment Commission (ASIC)
This Public Accounting Internships Program will provide you with 12 weeks of professional experience. To be considered, you must be enrolled in our Internship Program (Career Training & Placement fees apply). This exciting Internship opportunity is available in all major Australian cities, including Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide, Canberra, Darwin and Gold Coast. Click the button below to learn more. To apply, please click the button below!
Auditing and Assurance Internships
- Examining key areas of business performance and reporting findings to management as well as external parties
- Reconciling numerical entries, checking minutes, and verifying that financial information is represented accurately and fairly
- Experience in a variety of Auditing and Assurance skills which will expand your knowledge
- How to conduct an audit in accordance with the auditing standards of the Corporations Act 2001 (Section 307A)
- How to meet independence requirements (including professional standards) and give an auditor’s independence declaration
- How to report suspected contraventions of the Corporations Act to ASIC
This amazing Auditing and Assurance Internships Program provides you with 12 weeks of practical industry experience. To be considered, you must be enrolled in our Internship Program (Career Training & Placement fees apply). This Internships Program can be done across all major Australian cities, including Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide, Canberra, Darwin and Gold Coast. To apply, please click the button below!
Insolvency Accounting Internships
- Conducting daily maintenance of insolvency files
- Preparing correspondence to stakeholders, including reports to creditors
- Assisting with detailed insolvency investigations
- Renegotiating existing finances for clients
- Ensuring creditors and supplier benefits are looked after liquidation
- Assisting the Audit team with client budgeting and forecasting
- Knowledge in all areas of insolvency, including personal and corporate. These include voluntary administrations, deeds of company agreement, liquidations, receiverships, bankruptcies, and Part Xs
- End-to-end project planning for take-overs and insolvencies for mid-tier corporates
- How to conduct thorough reporting and analysis for insolvencies
Join a leading firm for 12 weeks of Insolvency Accounting Internships experience! To be considered, you must be enrolled in our Internship Program (Career Training & Placement fees apply). No matter if you live in Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide, Canberra, Darwin or Gold Coast, this Internships Program in Accounting is available to all. To apply, please click the button below!
Tax Accounting Internships
- Analysing tax data and financial statements
- Supporting the tax returns process for individuals and SME’s
- Working with clients and supporting them with tax information
- Preparing Business Activity Statements
- Assisting clients with general tax-related questions
- How to use industry-standard tax software such as MYOB and Xero
- How to handle client files including preparing month-end reports
- How to prepare tax returns for a range of clients
- A deep understanding of Australian tax codes, standards and procedures
- How to maximise yearly tax refunds for clients
This exciting 3-month Tax Accounting Internships Program is perfect for aspiring Tax Specialists. To be considered, you must be enrolled in our Internship Program (Career Training & Placement fees apply). This outstanding Internship opportunity in Accounting can be secured in Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide, Canberra, Darwin and Gold Coast. To apply, please click the button below!
Forensic Accounting Internships
- Identifying key accounting, finance and economic concerns with respect to complex business transactions
- Analysing documentation to do with forensic investigations or commercial disputes
- Assisting with the compilation of documents with regards to investigations or commercial disputes
- Drafting reports and findings, including tables, exhibits and charts
- Researching technical accounting and industry-specific issues
- Balancing multiple client projects and ad-hoc duties
- Communicating with all levels of engagement management
- How to work on various stages of a consulting engagement, including fraud analysis, claims management, business restructuring, anti-money laundering, and computer forensics
- Knowledge of the relevant statutory codes and how they apply to forensic accounting
- A deep understanding of tax law and framework, and auditing methodology in relation to litigation
- How to create forensic and economic models to present your forensic findings
- How to execute procedures using industry standard software
If you want to become a Forensic Accountant, this 12-week Internship is the best place to start. To be considered, you must be enrolled in our Internship Program (Career Training & Placement fees apply). If you’re located in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide, Canberra, Darwin or Gold Coast, you can enrol into this fantastic Internships Program in Accounting. To apply, please click the button below!
Financial Accounting Internships
- Preparing reports and analysis
- Reconciling bank transactions and accounts
- Processing invoices, scheduling payments and sending remittances
- Raising invoices, allocating funds
- Supporting the Finance team to develop and maintain account records, in accordance with requirements
- Assisting with month-end closing activities, including preparing the monthly balance sheet
- How to prepare financial statements using data from the organisation
- How to apply financial information to formulate strategy, as well as forecasting, budgeting, and future decision-making
- How to communicate and disseminate financial information to the relevant stakeholders
This 3-month Financial Accounting Internships Program can help kick-start your career. To be considered, you must be enrolled in our Internship Program (Career Training & Placement fees apply). Whether you live in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide, Canberra, Darwin or Gold Coast, you can apply for this amazing opportunity! To apply, please click the button below!
Companies Who Have Hired Our Interns
Our Interns have gained employment with national and international companies
Our Success Stories
How does the
Accounting Internships Program work?
After your Internship preparation, we contact suitable host companies in the Accounting industry and arrange interviews.
After the interview, if you and your host company are happy to proceed, you begin your Internship!
We continue to support you throughout your placement to ensure you are progressing.
After Your Internship
We encourage your Host Company to hire you. But, if you miss out, we can continue to help you find a job through our one-on-one Career Coaching.
Everything you need to know about Internships in Accounting!
Accounting Internships Program – FAQs
Having Accounting Internship experience will give you a competitive edge while applying for jobs. An internship provides practical training from experienced professionals and plus real-world projects.
It will also help you improve your soft skills, like your communication, teamwork, and prioritisation skills, increase your confidence, and help you develop professional connections in the Accounting industry.
If you can arrange 3-4 days from your schedule, you might be able to apply for a part-time Accounting Internship. You can also do a full-time Internship during the semester break or holidays.
When you complete an Accounting Internship while you study, you can apply your Auditing, Assurance or Taxation theory and learning to real-world tasks.
The sooner the better, but ideally in your final semester or as soon as you graduate. It is better to do an internship while studying so that you can complete your degree with practical Accounting experience.
If you have Accounting internship experience, you can get hired faster after graduation. It also helps you gain experience with real-world projects and Accounting software.
Most Internships are considered learning experiences by universities. Once approved, you can gain credit from your university. Your Accounting Internships Program is designed to give you practical Accounting experience before you graduate.
Speak to your university about course credit if you complete an Internship.
Career Success Australia provides Accounting Internships across all disciplines.
This includes Audit, Tax, Public and Forensic Accounting, Financial Management, and Insolvency.
We have Accounting Internship host company partners offering 12-week internships for students and graduates. Internships are the best way to gain practical accounting training and experience while you study or when you complete your degree.
You can choose to complete your Accounting Internships Program in Melbourne, Sydney, Canberra, Hobart, Perth, Gold Coast, Adelaide, Brisbane and Darwin.
Accounting is necessary in all businesses, from small to medium enterprises to large multinational companies, with accounting and finance teams across the world.
All companies need Accounting and Finance professionals and are always on the look-out for Interns to join the Internships program to support bookkeeping, audit, tax, accounts payable, and accounts receivable activities as well as financial reporting.