Getting a job in Australia – Career Success Australia can help
The Australian job market is particularly hard to break into for Australian citizens and noticeably more so for workers arriving from abroad and international graduates.
At Career Success Australia, we are committed to helping skilled migrants and international students find work in Australia as quickly as possible. To assist in this process, we have developed a number of strategies to make you the most attractive candidate.
With over a decade working with international students and skilled migrants, ACECIS has gained a thorough understanding of the Australian job market and the steps required to help you find a place within it.
Career Success Australia – Our Masterclasses and what you gain from them:
At Career Success Australia, we offer several Masterclasses that focus on different areas of the job application process.
In many cases, people find that their applications are being glossed over, with potential employers not seeing anything in their words to attract their interest.
Our Masterclasses have been developed to directly combat these issues, targeting areas where your technique can be improved to get you the best result.
Cover Letter Masterclass
Your cover letter is one of your first impressions on a potential employer, and so it’s absolutely vital to ensure that it is sharp, interesting, and brief enough to hold its reader’s attention. For our Cover Letter Masterclass, we have brought together a number of strategies to help make cover letters as memorable as possible.
Our Cover Letter Masterclass includes:
– Cover letter audit
– Three interactive cover letter writing video lessons with Career Coach Naren
– Half-hour consultation with Naren to refine your new cover letter, as well as a follow-up review
– Choice of two customised cover letter templates
– 100 power words to use in your new cover letter
You can learn more about our Cover Letter Masterclass for skilled migrants here and for international students here.
Our Resume Masterclass applies a similar concept on a larger scale. When considering your potential as an employee, an employer will refer to your resume – alongside those of other applicants. If another candidate has a more memorable resume, that candidate will stick in the employer’s head, and will more than likely wind up with the position.
Through taking part in our Resume Masterclass, your resume will be sharpened into a clear representation of your abilities and experience, using the best possible language to emphasise your achievements.
Our Resume Masterclass includes:
– Resume audit
– Six interactive resume writing video lessons with Career Coach Naren
– Half hour follow-up consultation with Naren to refine your resume
– Choice of three customised resume templates
– 100 power words to use in your resume
If you’ve been having issues making it through the interview stage or are concerned that it’s an area you could do with improving, our Interview Masterclass could be of great benefit to you. In it, we provide a number of insights into the interview process, enabling you to learn the expectations that an interviewer has and how best to respond to them.
Our Interview Masterclass includes:
– Three interactive interview preparation video tutorials with Career Coach Naren, including telephone and face-to-face interview preparation; developing your ‘forty-five-second elevator pitch’; structuring your answers, and how to engage with the panel
– One hour interview training session with Naren
– Your very own list of interview questions that you’re likely to get at your next interview
Career Success Australia – Our 16 Week Career Coaching Program and you:
For a more direct approach, our 16-week Career Coaching Program presents you with an intensive course on entering into the Australian job market.
This program focuses on developing a wide range of skills required in your job application process, from helping you to craft the perfect resume to providing you with a thorough understanding of interview requirements – preparation, your body language, your answers and more.
Over a 16-week period, our clients work directly with Career Coach Naren in a combination of telephone, Skype and face-to-face communications.
These sessions are comprehensive, and will help you:
– Rewrite and customise your resume and cover letter for the Australian job market
– Customise every single job application you submit
– Create a job search strategy to find more job vacancies
– Prepare you for telephone and face-to-face job interviews in Australia
– Customise your LinkedIn profile
– Teach you how to network with recruiters and employers in Australia and develop your target list of companies
You can find more information about our 16-week Career Coaching Program here.
Career Success Australia – Our 12 Week Internship Program – putting yourself on the map:
Why look for an internship when you want a paid position? Simple – having the experience of an internship in Australia grants you many benefits. For one, it gives you an Australian reference, something that is invaluable in an Australian job application.
Similarly, it also allows you an insight into the Australian work environment, presenting you with the opportunity to observe differences from what you are used to and allowing you to adapt accordingly for future job applications.
Finally, interns often find that their company has grown to rely upon them during their internship, and will offer them roles within the business at the end of their placement.
At Career Success Australia, we are experienced in making these placements, working with a wide range of organisations around Australia who are keen to host interns.
To name but a few industries, we have made placements with businesses specialising in Accounting and Finance; IT, Science and Engineering; and Human Resources and Business.
Our 16 Week Internship Program includes:
– All three of our Masterclasses – Cover Letter, Resume and Interview
– A 12-week internship in Australia
– Hands-on practical experience in your field
– Career consulting to help you get paid employment in your field after your internship
You can find more information about our 12 Week Internship Program here.
Career Success Australia – Key things to remember:
- Career Success Australia can help you improve the way you present yourself to the potential employer.
- An internship could give you the opportunity to demonstrate your skills and win over an employer.
- We have years of experience and have helped numerous clients helped into employment.
- Our knowledge of the Australian job market could be of great use to you.
Final thoughts – Making the best possible impression:
At Career Success Australia, we offer a number of different options specifically crafted to help workers like you into the Australian workforce. Whether it’s through one of our Masterclasses, our 6 Week Career Coaching Program or our 12 Week Internship Program, you can be sure that with our assistance you can find yourself far closer to that dream job.
If it sounds like our services could help you find your sought-after job, you can find further details on our Masterclasses, 6 Week Career Coaching Program and our 12 Week Internship Program on our website. Please don’t hesitate to get in touch so we can begin the process of winning you your career.
We wish you all the best in your job search!
Careers Team, Career Success Australia